Our pearls of promise...

>> April 10, 2012

      I have had this story in my heart for a few weeks now but just started praying over a scripture passage that would go along with it, but as I begin to type I am wondering if God really wants me to have a scripture follow-up. Sometimes things happen and God can use the situation to encourage us along this journey as staff wives. So as you read the following true story maybe you  have the perfect scripture to go along with me today, if you do please share with us here on clutchtalk.

     I teach first graders at church. It is a real fun age full of exploring and learning so many things. Of course my least favorite time is the first of the year. These brand new first graders are just learning how to read paragraphs let alone find a Bible passage or understand a Bible thought. Nonetheless I love them all, ornery boys who talk a lot and quiet little girls, funny how that changes in just a few short years. Well this past year was no different. I have more boys than girls this year and they range from all boy and sports to the shy type and one boy who is very artistic. I know that if an art project is on the docket for the week I had better plan to schedule it at the end of our time together because he is very detailed (shading and everything) and  I will not have time to cover other items of the lesson.

      One of my sweet girls (I will call her Jennah) is so quiet I  barely recognize her  speaking at all. Nothing out of the norm but wait a minute, wait, give it a minute, she comes dressed in pearls! All year long she is dressed to the nines, all year long I have noticed her  quiet demeanor and her chosen dress code. Finally I decided to ask momma about the pearls. Understand that Jeannah's family is just a normal young family, kinda the All-American family portrait. These parents are doing things the right way with their children and the Biblical world view they are impressing on them.  Jennah's mom said that she got the fake pearls for Christmas  and desires to wear them every Sunday.  Plain and simple she desires to wear them.

     Of course dressing to the nines is just a dramatical phrase used to emphasize a point but Jennah does wear her sparkle shoes and something to adorn her hair. Her attitude of desire struck a cord in my heart making me ask the question "Is my desire to wear Christ as strong as Jennah's desire to wear her pearls?" She puts on her best every Sunday for church. She takes the time to put on her pearls. This body is just a shell so what happens on the inside is what really counts. Clothes do not make a person, attitude does. Jennah showed me without speaking what was important to her little heart. Do I, do we show others what is important by our desires.  Attitude is everything and we must keep an updated fresh attitude that reflects God even on our worst days.  Lately I have been dealing with a lot of issues in my mothers care and have noticed how sin tries to creep in to steal, kill and destroy. I am thinking that I need to put on my pearls of promise everyday, it needs to be my hearts desire just like Jennah.

     I can't wait to read your verse responses, please share this plain and simple story as a witness of encouragement and joy to others you meet.

John15:11
Debi 




Share

© CLUTCH, 2009-2011 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

3 comments:

ms.composure April 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM  

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! New Follower via email :-)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

her April 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM  

Ms Composure...so glad you ejoyed the post. Did you come up with a verse that would match the storyline? I prayed for your week to be filled to overjoying measure. So much that you have to give it away...

Anonymous,  May 31, 2012 at 4:43 AM  

What a lovely post,,, You kept your promise alive. Thanks for this post..
Richard Smith from Pearl Clutch Bag .

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP