a new and improved PW

>> January 1, 2010

Happy New Year Ladies,

The decade has closed. A new one is only hours old. You've probably been thinking about new year's resolutions and goals for your family, spirituality, finances, health....but have you thought about how you'd like to improve in your role as pastor's wife? What old thoughts and attitudes are worth leaving in 2009? What new and exciting Kingdom-building things are on the horizon for you?

Whether you believe it or not, God made you to partner with your husband in ministry. He made you and has equipped you for this moment. How will you walk in that truth in 2010?

C'mon, tell me. I wanna know. Do your resolutions/goals/plans (whatever you want to call them) include improvements in your PW role? How?

I'll put my PW-related resolution in the comments.

5 comments:

dpm January 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

One of my goals for this year includes being more strategic about how I contribute to Clutch... meaning, I want to help you in very concrete ways develop into the PW that God intended for you to be... and in the meantime help myself, of course. :) PW School will be in session soon!

skaMEDIA January 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

I want to start at least one local womens small group in our new district here. One at church for sure, and maybe one in our new neighborhood as well.

vmchechile January 2, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

It's been just over a year of being an offical pastor's wife. 6 weeks after my PH started at our church our first child was born. Last New Year's he said "I need to make time so that you can take time to study the Bible". In trying to still figure everything out, it never really happened. This year, I'm going to a Bible study and he's staying home with our son. In sum, I think the best thing I can do is keep my own faith in check and pray that that will overflow to everyone around me.

Anonymous,  January 3, 2010 at 8:59 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
patty January 13, 2010 at 11:48 PM  

I'm late in commenting, and I didn't really make resolutions as much as "growth" statements. My husband and I compliment each other in ministry and marriage remarkably well, but I know that God expects more. I plan, this year, to reach out to the women in our congregation through fellowship and study. I also plan to ramp up my efforts for our children's department. Our church for the first time in years (we've been there one year) started actually doing something in the way of ministry in our community, and I plan to expand that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP