haiti update...

>> March 9, 2010

Several weeks ago, I proposed the idea that we PWs might try to lend some support to our fellow PWs suffering in Haiti after the earthquake. I haven't posted about it since, because I've been waiting on responses to several queries I've sent out to people with connections there.

I have several friends who have been working in Haiti since immediately after the quake. They are non-profit aid workers who go all over the world doing disaster relief. They've told me that the situation in Haiti was so bad that they didn't recommend us pursuing contact with PWs there until some kind of infrastructure has been reestablished for basic necessities and government. 

In the meantime, I've been making inquiries at Christian organizations outside of Haiti who have contacts there. And I'm still waiting for more information.... The wheels grind slowly...

But I wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about it, or dropped the idea. I'll be sure to post news about anything we can do to help, just as soon as I get firm details. 

And until then, even though the news networks around the world have moved on to whatever is the latest, let's remember that the hardest times of healing come after the world has forgotten the shock value of the disaster. 

I hope very much that we can still find a way to express our care and support to the PWs who are serving their congregations throughout the aftermath.




© CLUTCH, 2010 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

1 comments:

Christina Harris March 11, 2010 at 12:54 AM  

My church Victory Christian Center, Tulsa, OK is launching a outreach to Haiti and we are committing to continue helping Haiti for one year. It is going to be great. Just wanted to pass along our contacts in Haiti which are Bobby & Sherri Burnette at Love a Child. They have served in Haiti for many years and had established an incredible base there and they were set to really be a blessing during this great time of need. Bless their hearts they probably have not had one day off since the quake. I am sure anything we could do for them would be a blessing. Please check out their site http://www.loveachild.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP