>> March 17, 2010

Introducing a new blogger::

Hey, Ya’ll. (No, I’m not Paula Dean, the famous down-home cook from Georgia, although I do like her cooking!) I am Julie Cassell. A GRIT. A girl raised in the south. However, I have spent 1/3 of my life in the north, so I consider myself as a 3rd culture Southerner. I’m sure you’ll hear more about that at a later date.


I am a pastor’s wife living in metro-Atlanta (on the other side of Atlanta from Sarah). Brad and I married in 1995, although the two years we dated we were ministering together in a church plant. Wow, as I think about it I can’t believe it has been that long. He has been a senior pastor since 1997, beginning in Pennsylvania, and now in Georgia for the last 3 ½ years.


We have three beautiful children—all boys. They are the life blood that flows through my veins! My boys are 11, 9 and 5, and I homeschool them all. Whew! My oldest is on the autism spectrum, so I have a heart for special needs ministry. I am a former full time teacher, but am loving teaching my own children—most of the time!


When I am not homeschooling my kids, I am very active in children’s, family and women’s ministries at our local church. I also speak and provide ministry training and leadership across the Eastern Coast. I enjoy reading and writing, and when I can I escape to Barnes and Noble. I love music and singing, cooking and baking; and I make a little extra money selling homemade bread and granola.

I majored in English Literature/Creative Writing at Agnes Scott College in Atlanta, and mastered in Religious Education at Andrews University in Michigan. My dream is to attain my doctorate and become a college professor. But for now, I am focused on raising my boys to be godly men, and serving God and my husband.


I look forward to sharing and growing with you all!

© CLUTCH, 2010 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

1 comments:

LaVonne March 18, 2010 at 1:29 AM  

Welcome. I really am looking to forward to your posts. Love to hear about the homeschooling materials you recommend. I have a toddler, and we are just starting "school". I am interested in some great Christian companies and products for children.

Blessings!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP