what can we do?

>> January 15, 2010


Like many of you, I've followed the news about Haiti this week. I've gasped at photos of the devastation.

This morning, my PH came to breakfast shaking his head in sadness about the 50,000 deaths there.

And my mental wheels started spinning.

I bet there are pastoral families in Haiti that are deeply suffering right now. If they're like many of us, they are probably doing their best to take care of the people in their churches, in their neighborhoods, in their communities.

But who is taking care of them?

What could we, as a network of PWs, do to help? I've got some Haitian friends who have connections back home. I'm going to call them today and see how they think we could meet some needs.

CLUTCH hasn't ever done anything like this before. But isn't that what CLUTCH is all about? Networking together to help each other as PWs? So why not take it beyond ourselves? Let's help some PWs where it really hurts.

I'd like to see us find several pastoral families and adopt them. I'm calling around my network of acquaintances in the NGO field - some of them are already on the ground in Haiti - to see how we can best make a difference.

I don't know how we'll make it happen. I'm not sure what the best thing is to do yet. But I want to hear your ideas. Do any of you know pastor's wives in Haiti? Let me know if you do - either leave a comment, or email directly to clutchtalk (at) blogspot (dot) com.

Who's with me?

© CLUTCH, 2010 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.


3 comments:

Michelle Wegner January 15, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

i stayed with a pastor's wife and family for a week a few years ago. we haven't heard from them. I will let you know if I hear anything.

Rachael. January 15, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Girl i'm all in....

Love the new look!!!

Carrie January 15, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

http://www.maf.org/haiti

I just googled "missionary to haiti" and several sites came up. These may be a good start. Missionaries can also give information on National Pastors.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP