most embarassing PW moments...

>> January 18, 2010

I'll get the ball rolling and you run with it.

Two weekends ago, I was sitting in the children's class in our new church. It's the little kids' class, where babies and toddlers try their best to pay attention, and where there are almost as many parents as there are munchkins.

The lady beside me seemed very quiet. She had a beautiful little girl that kept leaving her little kid seat and coming to the mommy seats along the back for reassurance. Then she'd go back to the front rows for a little while before checking in again with mommy.

Huge round chocolate brown eyes. A little ponytail with kinky dark brown curls around her face. Rosy pink chubby cheeks and perfect rosebud lips. She was the kind of little girl you want to stare at - she was so pretty.

I half-noticed that she was also wearing tan corduroy pants and a little striped button-down sweater. But I didn't think much of it. Not very feminine attire for a little girl at church, when most of the other little girls were wearing fluffy dresses, but I'm not one to judge.

When the class was over, I said hello to the little girl's mom, made small talk, and waxed eloquent about how beautiful her daughter was. "Such a sweet and pretty little girl!"

"Ummm, I do have a daughter," the woman said. "But she's in the older class. This is my son."

Oh.
Right.
Hence the tan corduroy pants and striped button-down sweater instead of a fluffy dress.
Got it.

You go, girl. Way to win friends and influence people on your first weekend as the new pastor's wife!

That's my most recent embarrassing PW moment. You got one?

3 comments:

Carrie January 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

I have a very long story for you, but not enough time to tell it. Let's just say that as a visiting missionary, a piece of poo fell out of my toddlers pull-up without me knowing it (I didn't even know she had an accident). When we reached our seats, she told me she messed, so I turned right around to take her to the potty. Then I saw the poo on the floor. GASP! Just as quickly, I scooped it up and kept going.

I understood why no one shook my hand after church.

Snort.

Anonymous,  January 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

My PH got up to preach one Sunday and a member of the congregatin sitting in the front kept waiving at him trying to get his attention. It finally got so distracting that my husband stopped the sermon to find out what this person wanted. Turns out he wanted to tell my husband that his zipper was down. Hubby fixed the problem and continued the sermon. We now check to make sure there are no wardrobe malfunctions before he reaches the stage!

Dana Schmoyer January 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

Mine didn't happen at church, it happened this past summer the day our daughter was born. My nurses for some reason thought I needed some heavy pain killers not knowing I'm easily effected by medicine. So I was pretty out of it and could barely stay awake. When I woke from one of my naps I was drooling like crazy, and opened my eyes to see 5 of our high school students standing there. I quickly hid under the bed sheet, tried to compose myself, came back out and greeted them. Luckily I know them pretty well to be able to joke about it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP