PMS week: mean people

>> May 3, 2009

This week on Clutch we're talking about mean people, you know the kind that do everything in their power to thwart your PH's ministry efforts and your church's programs. We'll learn through other PW's experiences about how they've dealt with attacks from mean people, how they shield their children from drama, how they stay committed to ministry and maintain their faith in God when mean people strike, how they support their husband's through it all. At the end of the week, we'll try to end on a lighter note and laugh about those wanna-be-attacks that give you and your PH a good laugh, instead of a headache.

We'll need lots of your feedback this week, so be sure to chime in!

We hope to offer encouragement and perspective that will help you face situations with mean people and come out stronger when the dust settles.

Mean people. Drama. Let's talk about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 3, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

I had a student that was a senior in high school tell me that she was leaving the church because of me. When she was in 8th grade she came to me with a problem. When she was junior she came to me with the same problem and I had to ask her to remind me of what her struggle was. She took that as me not caring and said that I didn't give her enough attention. Never mind that I work, am a pastor's wife, have two children, and 35 other girls to minister to as well. She sabotoged my husbands efforts and spoke negatively about me. It was hurtful. Until I realizes she was 17, and I was 30. I held me head high and was comforted knowing that I was doing what I could do and giving what I could give.

Anonymous,  May 3, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

If I start, I won't start... today. I'm not ready to hang up my pw hat, not now, not ever... let me simply say... raising kids is tough, raising kids in the ministry is rough... my last two weeks have been filled with trying to mold an eight year old girl amidst mean girls... a fragile self confidence... a bubbly personality... and so on and so forth... basically I'll say this... eight year old girls can be mean. Be mean to me... fine... please leave my girl alone for a week at least. please.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP