chime in: questions from you (5)

>> May 6, 2009

Two of our reader questions are perfectly suited to this week's PMS topic. Choose one, choose, both but tell us what you think!

"This is a lonely road at times...my question is what to do with all the negative comments that your pastor hubby gets, knowing how hard he works and how faithful he is...really gets me sometimes!"

"I need some ideas on how to continue to show love towards persons that are constantly tearing down my home, and my husband."

Chime in!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  May 6, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

I think a big thing for us to do is always be a big supporter and defender of our PH. In general conversations praise him and build him up to others. This reminds others that you are his biggest supporter and standing right along side him. People outside the doors of your home have no idea what it is like to live a life in ministry, or the burdens that come with it. I think it is totally okay in conversations with others to say "This week my husband had some major issues to deal with in people's lives, and yet he came home and rocked it as a husband and father."
People love to think their "opinion" is true. By building our husbands up constantly, there isn't the room for their voices to be heard.

Anonymous,  May 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

I am testing. Can't seem to post comments. =(

Sandra May 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Pray, pray, pray. In my life this is still usually followed up with avoid and ignore. But I continue to get to the forgive stage.

Some people are going to stir up trouble no matter what. Even when it gets personal, I try not to take it personally. If she weren't mad at us, she'd be mad at the music leader, or her Sunday School teacher, or the youth leader or whoever.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP