making it all about Jesus...

>> August 14, 2009

It's pretty easy to get caught up in the business of living. Sometimes we all lose focus on being daughters of God. It seems easy to forget why we exist, even when we are living lives of everyday ministry to others as a pastoral family.

So let's share some ideas together. What are the little things that you do to keep daily activities all about Jesus? To keep your own spiritual focus?

How do you remind yourself that our whole purpose of existence is to share Jesus with others through everything we do?

Do you:

  • play sacred music as you do housework instead of leaving the TV on?
  • keep a little pack of scripture memory verses by the toilet instead of magazines?
  • put inspirational quotes on the refrigerator or the bathroom mirror?
Or something totally different and creative?

3 comments:

Teri Lynne Underwood August 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

I think learning to infuse the sacred into the secular is one of my greatest passions ... and challenges. Some ways
I try to do this include praying for those in the country where my clothes are made as I get dressed and using the time I clean my home to ask for God's blessing on it. I have written a series of devotions titled "Finding Jesus in My Messy House" that journals some of the many ways God has revealed Himself to me thru my daily, sometimes very mundane, tasks. Great post! I look forward to reading thoughts and ideas from others.

Heather Palacios August 15, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

The little things about Jesus have become the one-timers He puts in my life:
the McDonalds drive thru cashier
the grocery store bagger
the xray technician
the lawn mower man
the cleaning lady
the turnpike toll person...
everyday, God puts us in contact w/ these peeps. I see it as an opp to invite them to our church & pray they will know this wonderful Jesus.

Carrie August 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

I have a white board by my computer desk where I write various scriptures to meditate on. Today's is Psalm 57:2 "I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me." KJV

I also turn on some Phillips, Craig, and Dean while I cook or clean. Today I listened to part 5 of John Piper's "Biblical Manhood and Womanhood" series (great stuff!). Some days I turn on a church DVD from our home mission. They have great camp meetings and send us to DVDs so we can experience it a bit.

Sometimes I sit at the piano and the songs from my heart come out. Those times are few, but they are precious.

And lastly, I try to keep a spirit of prayer---breathe prayers for various ones as they pop in my head throughout the day. My Love does this as well (actually, I think I got it from him ;) ).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP