calling all bookworms...

>> August 21, 2009

We know you're all busy. Some of you meet yourselves coming and going each day, and you wonder just how to get everything done.

But in between the cracks, we've all read at least one really REALLY good book. You know the kind - that book that inspired you to be more like Jesus, or that helped you through a crisis, or that answered some burning question for you.

We'd like to feature book reviews from CLUTCH readers. They don't have to be long and complex, or brilliantly witty. They just need to say:

1) the title, author, edition and where to get it
2) why you loved the book
3) a synopsis of what you learned from it
4) why other PWs should read it

We want to keep our posts relevant to PW life, so we're especially looking for reviews on books that somehow helped you become a better pastor's wife - spiritually, emotionally, practically - whatever works. It's just got to tie into life in the ministry in our special calling as PWs...

Write us at clutchtalk (at) gmail (dot) com to share about your favorite book.

4 comments:

lethbridge1@btinternet.com,  August 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

I am not a PW (I was a PK for 40 + years) but one thing I do notice about some PW's, is that they do not tend to go with Hubby when he preaches away. Years ago, we all used to go as a family. Why has this changed? It is something I miss now, only seeing a pastor and no family in tow. Any comments anyone?
Adrian Lethbridge

dpm August 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

lethbridge -- we will address this and let readers chime in, in another post next week. stay tuned.

Melody August 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

"I'm more than a Pastor's Wife" Authentic Living in a Fishbowl World by Lorna Dobson. Zondervan publishes is so you can get it jut about anywhere. It's been a while since I have read it but after reading many PW books this one hit a chord with me. I loved how "real" she was. I think I may go revisit the book actually.

Carrie September 21, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

I'm in the middle of "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" and it is fabulous. Chapter 3 had me crying my eyes out and remembering my own spiritual crisis. I highly recommend the book to all women, but especially pw's.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP