chime in: questions from you (8)

>> June 12, 2009

Time to chime in! Here's a question from a reader:

"My husband recently received his 4th church to pastor. I'm a bit overwhelmed! It kinds feels like "run, run, run." Right now, I don't feel like I really belong to any one of the 4 churches. When we moved to this district there were only two churches my husband pastored and we spent one worship day completely with one church and the next worship day with the 2nd church. Any tips on how to cope, how to take time off? Thanks."

1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 20, 2009 at 1:12 AM  

I'm really sorry you are in that situation. My husband is currently pastoring 2 churches - very different ones too! At first he was doing what your husband was - every other week rotation. But then he switched to spending more time with the big church - ratio 3:1. I mostly go to the big church since I help in the Craddle Roll class. Four churches, however, I can not imagine!

My husband takes 2 days off a week with a bit of flexibility on those days (returning a phone call or an email if he thinks it's important/urgent). He also tries to spend 3-4 nights a week at home. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. But if you (he) dont have a plan or schedule, the default is a workaholic!

How big are his churches? How close to each other are there (5 min, 30 min, 1 hr)? Can he combine board meetings, elders meetings and such? Does he have an associate or Bible worker? Can he delegate things to other people? Last, but not least, can he talk to his conference/superior to reconsider his assignment? I'd worry he will get burn out sooner than later!

Again, I'm sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. And if you have children it's probably even worst! I can only imagine how your husband must feel. ((HUGS)) and prayers for you and your family.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP