digging into devotions - a miniseries (Juliet van Heerden)

>> September 21, 2010

This is part of a mini-series featuring profiles of PWs about their devotional life and how they spend quality time with God. 

Juliet van Heerden
Florida
newly married, no kids
I'm involved in the ministry of teaching young children & being a wife to a never-been-married-before man. It's all I can do at the moment. But I'm asking God to show me what my niche is in my new church.

Pastor Andre & Juliet van Heerden
I like to get up early & meet God before anything else takes up my thoughts. I like to read straight from the Bible - asking God to direct my reading.

When I feel no direction, I do it anyway - just taking my study lesson chapters as a guide. Sometimes I take to studying an entire book of the Bible for a while. It just depends.

I also like to write scriptures on index cards and keep them on rings in my purse or car. I also put them on Post-It Notes on my bathroom mirror. I can easily access God's word when I'm sitting at a stoplight, blowing my hair dry or putting on my make-up. I've been able to memorize scripture without even realizing I was doing it.

Share what you do to get personal time with God in a comment below!

© CLUTCH, 2009-2010 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP