digging into devotions - a miniseries (Dilys Brooks)

>> September 28, 2010

This is part of a mini-series featuring profiles of PWs about their devotional life and how they spend quality time with God. 

Dilys Brooks
California
2 kids, ages 4 & 2
How do you make it happen? I set time aside in my schedule daily. If I want uninterrupted quiet, alone time for worship, I get up before anyone else in my house. A good week is when I am able to get 7 days.

What do you do/read/study?

I am following a liturgical calendar. I read and reflect on the scripture assigned for the day. Then I journal on the New Testament passage and my prayers.


Delroy & Dilys Brooks & kids
When do you do it?
If I want uninterrupted quiet, alone time for worship, I get up before anyone else in my house. Each morning at around 5:00 or 5:30am. Our oldest gets up at 6:30am, so if I begin worship 6:30 or later, he will join me. This will mean a short worship because he will tell me that he's hungry at about 7:00AM.

What kind of ministry are you involved in?

I am a Chaplain. At church I teach classes during the study hour before church (Beginners & Young Adults, on alternate weeks); and I am a Worship Leader and an Elder.

Share what you do to get personal time with God in a comment below!

 

© CLUTCH, 2009-2010 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.
 

1 comments:

LaVonne September 28, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Thanks for sharing this. I love this series. Very practical.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP