How can we pray for you?

>> April 17, 2009

Inspired by the Global Pastor's Wives Network's call to pray for pastor's wives worldwide, we're moved to ask how we can pray for you...the women in our own little under-40 network.

We're committing for praying for you specifically, by name and situation, every day for the next week. For me (Delina) personally, it's refreshing to pray for other people and get out of my own head, issues, problems, stresses for a bit. I'm looking forward to praying for you.

If you're inclined to join us in praying for one another, please lift up these prayer requests on our behalf.

Delina: The next few months hold a lot of changes , decisions and transitions for our family (babies on the way, should we move closer to family? should he find another job? etc. etc.). We want to hear God clearly about our next moves. We want to move in faith and not rely on our own plans, fears, strategies and schemes in our decision-making.

Sarah: We've been pummeled from every side lately - first baby on the way, recently told I'm losing my job at the end of the summer, my PH's mom just diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of leukemia (she's his only living parent and they are very close), my father's health in decline, and seeking to lead wisely in our church through some current turmoil. My husband especially needs energy and discernment while he juggles all these crises on his plate.

How can we pray for you?

6 comments:

Starr April 17, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

I'm a children's pastors wife. Our church recently added a fourth service, on Saturday nights. I'm excited about more children being ministered to, while also a little sad about giving up our one "Family Day"! Praying the Lord works mightily during that Saturday night service! Also praying our family will make the most of the time we get together at home.

Denira Baird Williams April 18, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

I'm also a PW our church officially launches tomorrow. Please pray for that.

Sandra April 20, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

What a great way to connect us! I spoke at a ladies retreat last weekend for about 125 women. Please pray that they apply the truth of God's Word to their lives as they return to "the real world!" Thank you!

Melissa April 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

I echo Sandra's comment...what a great way to connect us!!! Thank you!

I am a future pastor's wife...marrying Aaron, a future church planter, in October of this year. The Stone...no launch date yet!

You all just have no idea how much encouragement and wisdom I glean from this blog. Thank you so much. I hope to be a contributor one day! =)

Love you all, and know that you are in my prayers daily. I expect "Ephesians 3:19-20" answers and mighty moves of God in each of your lives, families, and ministries!

Melissa

Anonymous,  April 22, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

Could I ask prayer for my husband/our church? We are in pursuit for a staff member and we need the right man for the job. We know what we're looking for but won't know exactly what it will look like... makes sense I know. Anyways, Stephen needs someone with him in the trenches and he has started the pursuit as of Monday... so please pray that God would SWIFTly send the perfect fit for our church.

Thank you...
Charity from Ohio

Anonymous,  May 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

Pray for My Company Pro Frame Construction Inc., we are in need of work, we are home builders and work has been very slow. We have a lot of seed planted, we need a harvest. We are in need of a BREAKTHROUGH, as we have a lot of bills that are past due. God Bless You.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP