you shoulda been there!

>> March 15, 2009

The Living Proof Live event for Minister’s Wives (with Beth Moore) was incredible. I’ll let Erin tell you all about it, but until then...let me just tell you that for me personally, I saw God’s fingerprints all over this trip. From getting on the plane just barely before the plane took off, to meeting the women that I got to hang out with, to feeling downright good and not drained or weak despite the world-wind cross-country trip alone (I’m pregnant with twins), to even the women I got to chat with on the airplane on the way home… I know that God planned for me to be at this event. He invited me there to minister to me and to give me courage and bolster my faith. It was a God thing all-around, every minute.



It was such a blast to be in a room filled with minister’s wives. On Friday, when Travis Cottrell was leading worship, he encouraged us to be vulnerable and it’s where it struck me that this was such a sacred weekend---a sacred space where PWs could just be themselves and worship God in our own way without the baggage that comes with the role. That opportunity alone was a great blessing.

How often do you get to worship and just be…not be seen, not be the PW, but just be?


I encourage you. Don’t let circumstances (money, childcare, time off work, etc.) keep you from an appointment with God. Don’t talk yourself out of it before you even get to see God move mountains on your behalf. Pray and ask him to light your path and make a way.

9 comments:

Lily March 15, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

It WAS awesome! I left the phone number on my desk at home, and was disappointed that I couldn't meet up with y'all! I am sorry.

dpm March 15, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

i was looking to try to spot you (going by your profile picture) but that didn't work, obviously. Next time...

Erin March 15, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

Awesome weekend! I'll be in touch (hopefully tomorrow!)

Anonymous,  March 16, 2009 at 2:31 AM  

I really hope we can discuss the topics that came up in this post... especially - how do you worship as a pastor's wife? Can we always be vulnerable?

dpm March 16, 2009 at 2:37 AM  

good thoughts, heartreflections. I will schedule a related post for this week... I hope you'll chime in.

Anonymous,  March 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

How fun to check your blog and see myself in one of the photos! :) I agree: A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Love that woman and her love for the Word of God. Can't wait for the next one...

Jenni March 16, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

I couldn't make it to Nashville:) Does anyone know if there are videos to download or purchase. Looks like a great time - maybe next time.

dpm March 16, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

in a month they plan to have an audio download of her presentation. i'll do a post to give everyone who couldn't make it a heads up on where to download it.

Anonymous,  March 16, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Ugh... I had been plotting and planning and dreaming of going this weekend and it just simply didn't work out... I was super bummed and seeing pics is even more of a bummer... next year...

Although, I am excited to hear some of the thoughts and look forward to the audio in a few weeks.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP