pastors' wives and fitness

>> October 27, 2011

Fitness. Nutrition. Health. I'm not sure about you, but as for me (Veronica) I want to be fit. I want to be healthy, but sometimes......, okay more often then not, my excuses outweigh the "want to" and the "I will start tomorrow" syndrome kicks in.

So...why wait till the new year to get healthy? What if we at CLUTCHtalk did it NOW? We have to be "Fit 4 God's Mission" you know!

Okay so I can hear you say, I want to, but don't know how. Or, I lack the time. Maybe, you lack the motivation, discipline or accountability. Don't worry, I (Veronica) do too. :) Who hasn't at one time or another? Well ladies, together let's get in gear. We should be fit body/soul/spirit.


I want to introduce you to my PW friend Michelle Myers! I'm blessed that we not only live in the same city, but the same subdivision - how cool is that!

Michelle is the author of A Look that Kills. She has a tremendous testimony and is the queen of fitness!

She has a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies with a minor in Psychology from The University of Tennessee. In addition, she earned her Masters of Arts in Christian Education from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.

Did I mention she is a cutie and has the sweetest spirit!

Michelle describes herself as......
  • Christ Follower.
  • Pastor's Wife.
  • Noah's Mom.
  • Author.
  • Speaker.
  • Business Owner.
  • Fitness Instructor & Nutrition Coach  
Today she is sharing a great recipe with us!

You will need:
1 sweet potato, cut into cir­cles
Non­stick cook­ing spray
1 tsp organic coconut oil
3 TBSP. orange juice2 TBSP water2 TBSP organic honey/agave nec­tar
1 clove gar­lic, finely chopped

Instruc­tions:
Place pota­toes in a steamer bas­ket over boil­ing water.
Cover pan and steam 10 min­utes, or until tender.
Brush pota­toes with coconut oil.
Spray grill with non­stick spray.
Place pota­toes, cut sides down on rack.
Com­bine remain­ing ingre­di­ents in a bowl.
Grill pota­toes 5 min­utes on each side, or until ten­der, bast­ing with orange juice mixture.
Eat and enjoy!

Soon you can find Michelle blogging right here on CLUTCH in our new Lifestyle column! Stay tuned for her introduction and details!


© CLUTCH, 2009-2011 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

4 comments:

TubsWife October 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

So excited to see Michelle join the Clutch family!!

Veronica Brown October 27, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Just wait till you meet the other bloggers from our NEW LIFESTYLE section! You are going to love them! Hey, I read you are going to Velocity 2012. Yay 4 u! Your going to LOVE Tricia LoveJoy!! & Way awesome to hug Lori and Brandi's neck! :):)

Kathy Sykes October 29, 2011 at 8:48 PM  

I REALLY need the motivation to get "back" into shape and maybe Michelle can be just the motivation I need here on CLUTCH! I did just renew a gym membership at a place within walking distance for me. So....NO EXCUSES!!!

http://wifemotherfirstlady.com/2010/01/re-discovering-the-workout-and-finding-myself/

Veronica Brown October 30, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

Hey First Lady Kathy!!! That's great (about the renewed gym membership)

My in-laws are coming in town tonight, I told my husband I'm going to HAVE to go to offset his mama's good cooking. :):)

Michelle is great. She's sweet and yet can totally be in your face about "facts" which I love her for!

She is a great follow on twitter if your on there ~ the other day she tweeted that ONE m&m takes 2 football fields to walk off. Friday I ate a bag of fun size m&m's as I put one in my mouth I thought as I enjoyed.....2 football fields, 4 football fields hahahahahaha.

Have a great week Kathy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP