influence

>> October 26, 2011

Influence. The capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce efforts on the actions, behaviors, opinions. etc..

Now that Webster has cleared up exactly what influence is, I want to bring it home. As the wife a Pastor your influence is far greater than you think. I'm not talking about you individually, while yes that is a great influence; that is another post in itself. I'm specifically referencing the influence we have with our husbands, their leadership and the future of the church.

I never want it to be said of me that my reply, my response, my expression, my sigh, my deep exhaling breath, my prolonged silence, my lack of enthusiasm, my withdrawal, my....get the picture; impacted a decision in moving the church, our ministry or the body of Christ forward.

I am a firm believer that when our husbands share something with us it can bear witness in our spirits and sometimes there is a huge red flag, that is the prompting of the Spirit. But I am also keenly aware that women across the country are tired, frustrated and worn out. So when Pastor/Hubby starts throwing around the idea of adding another service all you see is increase in volunteer management, what are you going to do with the kids, how are you going to arrange this, that and the other. While he's excited about whatever idea the Lord has laid on his heart and the great impacts it will have on reaching people; your response is your influence.

My prayer is that we guard the words we say. That we are led by the Spirit of God in responding and use our influence how God intended. That doesn't mean our responses are yes, go, green light, run for it. But we sincerely seek God and check our spirits vs. responding out of pure exhaustion, frustration, disappointment, the state of being overwhelmed, whatever the case.

My friend, your BEST days are ahead of you. Your future is bright. There is day on the other side of your night. Breakthrough is on the horizon. God has great plans in store for you, your marriage, your family and for your church!

Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Let's guard our influence.

Share







© CLUTCH, 2009-2011 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP