a question for you...

>> June 20, 2011

Last week, I got a phone call from a friend of mine who leads an international ministry for Pastor's Wives. She regularly travels all over the world talking to PWs and their PHs, finding out their needs, listening to their concerns, and praying with them.

In a ministry like this, she keeps realizing the incredible need to provide some kind of resource to new PWs. A kind of "how-to" manual to get them oriented into life as a PW. Not every woman gets married knowing she's going to be a PW. Some pastors enter ministry later in life, others marry girls who are brand new Christians and are still learning about the gospel. But even those who grew up in ministry-oriented families can get overwhelmed when they put on their PW shoes!

So she asked me if I would be interested in helping her develop some resources to help young PWs get off on the right foot. I said "Absolutely!"

And now I'm coming to all of YOU for input. Dontcha love me? Here goes:

What do you wish that someone had told you about how to be a PW when you got started? 
Or, if you're new to this gig, what do you wish someone would tell you right now?

Leave me a comment below, or if you don't want to share with the world, send me a private message at clutchtalk (@) gmail (.) com. And please leave your name on your comment, for research' sake... if ya don't mind?

Share

© CLUTCH, 2009-2011 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

4 comments:

Jeni June 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM  

Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries!!!!!!! And that it's OK to set boundaries! I'm reading the book "Boundaries" by Townsend and I can't remember the other author's name, but anyway! It's been life-changing to me!!!! I think so often as PWs we think we don't deserve, or it's wrong, or something to even think we need boundaries! How wrong we are!!!!! I love this book because it points out that JESUS himself set boundaries! Anyway, I have found this to be revolutionary to me and think it's a must-read and concept.

Veronica Brown June 22, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Hey Jeni!

Boundaries, I've heard so much about that book. I like to think I'm good at it. I'm sure I offend quite often, but I think you are the 5th person literally to say it's a great book - I just paused to order it. So...I should receive it in a few days. 4 out of the 5 were PW's that recommended it, said it changed them lots. :) Thanks for sharing!
Veronica

Angela June 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM  

Well I was warned but wasn't serious enough about it! The warning was, don't bring church into the bedroom. I agreed at the time but allow it to slip in every now and then, now it's very difficult for us to get out of the habit every day! I think if we had made that a clear boundary from the start we wouldn't find it so hard now!

Veronica Brown June 23, 2011 at 1:22 AM  

You know Angela, that is really good - SO MANY OF US talk about church stuff in the bedroom. Heck church stuff came up on Father's Day over dinner. I interview my friend Trisha LoveJoy on here a while back and I love how she described "ministry partners" - life began to turn from marriage partners to ministry parters so her and her husband simply re-evaluated & set up new rules. We are ALWAYS inventing knew rules in this house. Especially with my boys getting older now almost 5 & 7 they understand more and I refuse to burden them with religious drama or church trama. ooh that sounds like a post title :) Blessing to you girl!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP