pass the baton

>> June 27, 2011



When one runner passes the baton to the other, while it's passing, it is a crucial moment. The seconds lost if the baton is dropped can cause the team to lose the race.


While as pastors' wives we are not really in a race, I do find it beneficial when other pastors' wives share tips and best practices. I like to think of it as a form of passing the baton.


I thought today would be a great day to chat about different tips.


Here are a few of mine; random, in no specific order or topic sequence:


Your Man




  • I have a PHD in my husband. Yes, that is right I major in Mark Brown. The world gets the pastor, but I get the man. Truth be told, there are dozens of ladies who would like to "get the man" but he's not available. The anointing is attractive and there are some women who are just contra-culture for the fun of it. I make sure I know what he likes, what his favorites are, what relaxes him, what triggers him, you name it. I make sure that he is taken care of and he is my first ministry. We will be married for 13years this November, and together for 15 years total. Some wives for some strange reason think that majoring in their man is neglecting themselves. I'm not saying be unbalanced, but if you get it right you will still have passion for each other and the things of God 15 years later. It's easy to lose sight of each other, but just as a career oriented individual remains focused, remain focused on your man, your marriage and your ministry to each other.

Your Cooking




  • Some ladies are Betty Crocker homemakers. I admire those gals!! Unfortunately, that's not me. Not because I don't want to learn but I'm still learning. I grew up in a single parent home because my father passed away. That meant that mom didn't cook lots and with the time available it wasn't always for cooking lessons. Needless to say, the result is non-Betty Crocker. However, I have found some really great work arounds. There is a brand called Viola in the frozen section that has the best chicken alfredo and shrimp pasta. Have you ever had to whip something up really quick? Well there it is Viola!! It's my secret, just add a little crelo spice to the shrimp pasta and it will be the dish you are known for. For some, I know it's outlandish to serve something frozen, but for me it works and not to mention - hello I did cook it. :)

Children and Discipline




  • I have learned that discipline is simply correction driven by love.


  • I have learned to set boundaries that produce growth


  • I have learned the reason we discipline is to help our children reflect the majesty of their maker.


  • I tell them frequently "I love you too much to allow you to behave like that" or "We need to focus on emotional intelligence"


Tell me what you do? I'd love to hear from you!




© CLUTCH, 2009-2011 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP