the poison of comfort

>> June 14, 2011


Rich Wilkerson Jr., leads "The Vous", tonight he had Pastor Carl Lentz of Hillsong NYC speak. He ministered on the Poison called comfort. "Falling in love w/your position will drain the passion out of your purpose."


Have you gotten comfortable with different areas of your life? When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone? I love routine because I maintain a very tight schedule. Monday: this, Tuesday: that, Wednesday: this and that, Thursday, Friday and into the weekend. Oh...the weekend. We all do it, we are creatures of habit.

However, if we were to do a self-evaluation would we actually need a mid-term correction? Would we need a course correction? Have we fallen prey to the poison of comfort?

These are all really great questions we should ask ourselves. For me, yes I'm guilty. Very, very guilty of allowing the poison of comfort to take control in certain areas. I was inspired as he imparted tonight because while I know all of this, preach it, it was a "now word" for me as I haven't been practicing it in all areas. I wanted to share it with you in hopes that you too will evaluate if you have allowed the poison of comfort to sneak in.

I love you all & growth is good! Look forward to hearing from you & growing together!

Share
© CLUTCH, 2009-2011 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP