what's in your bedroom?

>> June 28, 2010

Uh huh... we're going there ladies!

I have felt convicted over the last few weeks about my bedroom, my safe place, my adult space. Somehow it always gets my attention LAST. It's the catch-all. It's out of sight, out of mind. I take everything there: the laundry, the miscellaneous  papers...

One morning I woke up and realized that this place - where I'm supposed to feel safe and wake up feeling rejuvenated -  was stressing me out.

I have to share my bedroom with my office/business. I design jewelry, and also sell Scentsy and run a lot of the church administrative roles. A lot of times this alone makes my bedroom look like a bomb went off.

When I have to share this space with so many things it's kinda overwhelming to keep up. Did I mention that our master bathroom has the laundry room in it ? You can imagine why the laundry never makes it past my door.

So I've been feeling convicted about this space, this sanctuary. Instead of going to bed feeling accomplished I've been drained and exhausted looking at all the things that still needed to be done, my mind racing. Then I wake up and become instantly overwhelmed. (Now please hear me, it's not dirty! It's just cluttered!) My housework was robbing me of my peace as soon as I laid down and as soon as I arose.

I know my husband must feel the same way. So I began the day and gutted everything! Cleaned house and it took a long time. Mind you, I have 3 children younger than 7 under my feet, but it feels so awesome! I gave myself permission to let everything else go and focus on the place that I need and needs me.

See, if I go to sleep anxious, with my mind spinning, I am not going to feel like loving on my preacher dude, and I definitely won't get a peaceful night's sleep. I will arise to chaos and will not be called blessed!

I want my marriage and my bedroom to feel blessed and peaceful, don't you ? A sacred place. After all that is what our marriage is. I want my room to be a reflection of my love for my husband and not a cluttered afterthought. I want him to come in and feel relaxed.

I have to ask, "Am I the only one out there who has made my bedroom the last priority? Who wants to join with me in making it a priority to put our marriages first by keeping a clean, peaceful bedroom?

Have you got any tips to keeping it up or staying organized? I would love to hear them!

What ways do you make your bedroom a sanctuary ?

© CLUTCH, 2010 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

3 comments:

King's Daughters June 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

I totally agree with you, my bedroom is my santuary and I do make it a priority for loving and resting :) I have four children and about 10 regular teenage visitors in my home so keeping it tidy is sometimes quite a challenge but my bedroom is always tidy. This way I know we have somewhere to retreat to if we need to. I love my bedroom but there was a season when it was part office and then another season when it was part music studio - neither seasons were very good bedroom seasons so we don't compromise in this area any more. Great post
Love
Angela
xxx

Beth June 28, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

So glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm always pulling the bedroom door closed when we have company. My three year old's room is always neater than mine! You may have inspired me to do an overhaul!

Anonymous,  July 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

I needed to hear this!! Our bedroom is the one room that rarely gets any attention and is a mess most of the time. I was totally convicted to thoroughly clean it...which I did last night! And once it was clean I realized that in the 2 years that we have lived here I still haven't put one picture on the wall. Not a decoration in sight. So today I made a trip to Hobby Lobby. I can't wait for my husband to see it! Thank you!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP