Fathers' Day

>> June 16, 2010

This Sunday is Father’s Day. I thought in this post that I would just focus a little on my own father, as well as the father of my children—and in so doing, I am honoring my Heavenly Father as well. Unfortunately, this Father’s Day falls on a day when I have to pick up one child from camp, drop another one off, and attend an out-of-town wedding shower for a cousin. At least both my husband and my father will be doing these things with me, so we will be together. But I wish I could just stop all the busyness for one day and truly spend it honoring them.

I am so blessed to have been raised by a loving father. He was unconditional in his love, and expressed it freely. My sisters and I all claim to be “daddy’s girls.” He was not the primary disciplinarian; but when he would simply scold us, we would stop immediately whatever we were doing and just cry . Even now as an adult, when my father is upset with me, it breaks my heart. I can’t stand to think that I have disappointed him, and I want to do whatever it takes to make it right. I love my Daddy, and I always wanted a little girl so that my husband could have that relationship with a daughter. I couldn’t have asked for a better father.

But alas, my husband and I have no girl. We have three boys, and honestly, I don’t know how my husband would have dealt with a girl. He is so much a boy himself. He is playful, and mischievous, and full of life. He jokes with the boys, but he also is very serious with them when it comes to serious matters. He is truly a priest of the home, and is intentional and diligent in raising our boys to be godly men. I couldn’t have asked for a better father for my children.

I praise the Lord for the men in my life. Through these men I have come to know aspects of my Heavenly Father’s character. He put these men in my life, with the intention of raising me and growing me to be a godly woman—one who will serve Him in the ministry, in the marriage, and in the home. I truly couldn’t have asked for a better Father!


© CLUTCH, 2010 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP