on being a winner

>> April 26, 2010


A few months after settling into our new church, I found myself at a women’s ministry cookie exchange.  I was tired that week and, honestly, didn’t put much thought into it… I just baked a recipe I enjoyed and was off to the party with my 3 dozen in tow. 

Partway through the evening we returned to the sugar-laden table to discover ribbons on 4 tastefully chosen platters.  Wow…there was a ribbon on mine!  And I hadn’t even tried. Nonetheless, I had earned “Yummiest Cookie”.   

It feels good to be a winner.  Mind you, it wasn’t the Olympics, but I was still a winner… and I could go home knowing I had at least held my own with all the talented cooks in the church, right? 

My winning was unintentional.  But I’ve been contemplating the way many of us (even as PWs!)  go about our daily life in an unintentional way.  It’s super easy to do! I know I get lost in the expectations and routines, and forget to live intentionally for the people I love!  

I forget to put foremost the things that really make me a winner…the lasting things in life, the relationships, the things that make or break you. Being a winner with life…it has to be intentional. I’m freshly determined to be a winner as a spouse, parent, and friend…and to do it intentionally. 

The prize is tangible, it really is!



Libby is a PW in the Midwestern USA, with two beautiful little girls and a son on the way. She's a photographer, and her column on CLUTCH documents various moments in her PW life through her pictures.
© CLUTCH, 2010 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

3 comments:

Heather Moore April 26, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

Congrats on winning the contest! The cookies look amazing. Can you share the recipe?

skaMEDIA April 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

Yup, I'm with Heather... Can we have the recipe? I'm a flop at baking cookies, but I keep on trying! LOL You should share it in another post!

Libby,  April 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

sure thing! :) I will hunt up the recipe, girls!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP