PMS: the jailed pastor's wife

>> October 13, 2009

For the past six months, every 2nd Tuesday of the month, you and Marlene (a local PW) have been going to lunch. You're just getting to the point where you are sharing personal stories and really beginning to trust each other. Then one day, as you're having your morning coffee, you hear Marlene's name on the news. You look up, and there's her photo on the screen. She's shot and killed her PH (this is not outlandish, ladies. It happens). Marlene is now in the county jail. Her children are with family. You're her friend.

How will you show Marlene that you're still her friend, despite the trouble she's in? What will you tell her during your first visit to see her in jail? How will you be a support to her family? Will you raise funds for her defense?

Or be honest, really. Will you just disappear from her life and act like you never knew her (except when you tell the juicy story to friends)?

5 comments:

Carrie October 13, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Honestly? I'd not contact her at all.

Unknown October 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Good grief, this one was harder! I would probably visit her, and pray with her and for her. I would probably set some more boundaries with her, maybe. Not sure, but I am sure I would not totally just dump her as a friend. If I didn't visit her face to face, I would at least write her.

StrawberryParfait October 13, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

I think I would contact her...maybe not immediately...but within a couple of days. I mean she's human...maybe they got into a fight that went out of control. At least write...give her words of encouragement.

Anonymous,  October 13, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

i love my man , but there is a reason we don't keep a gun in the house! just kidding. i would definietely visit her because I would want to be able to defend her like a good friend, when all the other ladies are just gossiping about her.

JoyAyo October 17, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

I wouldn't even have to think about it! Without a doubt, I would visit her, write her, stay in contact with their children (if children are involved and if I am permitted), etc. This is definitely not the time to abandon her.....in my opinion.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP