Love Series::Treat Him Like A King (pt 2)

>> February 2, 2012

In the book Treat Him Like A King, by Pastor Sheila, one of the key scriptures is Ephesians 5:33 amplified version.



Have you ever read that in the Amplified Version? It is amplified alright: However, let each man of you [without exception] love his wife as [being in a sense] his very own self; and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband [[a]that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him; and [b]that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly.



That is twelve ways for us to show our love. Respect, Reverence, Notice, Regard, Honor, Prefer, Venerate, Esteem, Defer, Praise, Love, and Admire. Now girls, I would be lying if I told you I did all twelve all seven days of the week.



Pastor Sheila clearly focuses on this scripture throughout her book. I was convicted on points where I fall short and that’s because I thought I was above average; I adore my man. Not to mention I had to look up the word venerate. (thought I’d make you laugh) Now, I’d like to also point out that this is a command from the Lord. We have twelve days till Valentines, wouldn't it be awesome to focus on one of these each day, building the habit of living Ephesians 5:33 daily. I'd say so. Who doesn't want to build their marriage and what better way to do it then biblically.



I can hear some women saying, you just don't know and understand our marriage, this would be over the top for us. I get that. But it's not about where you are, but where you would like to be. It's about obeying the word in our own respects. It WILL look different for everyone, but it's the glue that God gives us, the insight we ask for on how to strengthen and bind us together with our man. It's the ingredients for a healthy marriage. I invite you to look up the definition of each of the twelve words and make a plan on how you can implement those. When I first read this book, I did. My list looked like this: check, check, work on that, check, check, work on that, work on that, check - you get the picture. I don't know about you but I like keeping our marriage hot and fresh.



So ladies - Ephesians 5:33 amplified version. Let's do it!




Share
© CLUTCH, 2009-2011 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

2 comments:

TubsWife February 2, 2012 at 9:59 AM  

Love it! Going to borrow some of this for my Facebook post to encourage some of my "girls" !!! AWESOME!! <3

You rock! Thank you for lighting that fire underneath me to get moving!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP