friday::FASHION

>> December 2, 2011

benefits of a belt

One of my wardrobe essentials is a leather belt.

I own about three and purchased them all at the thrift store for about $2 each. They are an easy way to add shape to a shapeless blouse, or coordinate with your my winter boots that you I wear. Every. Single. Day.

As you can see below, I wear my belt with a pencil skirt, over layers, or with high-waisted jeans. I think we can pretty much all agree that belts are always hip (pun intended) but instead of hiding it under your top, let the leather do the talking and wrap it up on top of your outfit like the ribbon around a Christmas present!



Three benefits of a belt:
1. Defines your waist, even if you don't have one
2. Adds visual interest right in the middle of your outfit
3. Keeps everything in place (ie. pants up, shirts in, weird pooches from wearing a bulky fur vest nonexistent, etc.)

Tip: Never buy a full-priced belt. If you’re not ready to venture into the musty thrift stores yet, try a discount store like Ross, Marshalls, or Burlington Coat Factory.

Will you consider the way you wear a belt?

Share
© CLUTCH, 2009-2011 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

1 comments:

Kathy December 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM  

I could not agree more. BELTS are the best accessory to change up an outfit. Not only thick belts but thin ones look great with dresses. I "just" started to use my belts over cardigan sweaters and it is very stylish.
GREAT POST!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP