stressful days and speaking the word

>> July 18, 2011


If I told you the fierceness of my last three to four weeks you wouldn’t believe me. I can hardly believe it myself.

I feel like a boxer that has had their tail whooped. Or maybe like this picture of a cow doing what a dolphin does, completely working out of my element.

This occurred, that occurred, this fell through, that failed to work, XYZ caused major stress and emotional exhaustion. Ladies, my list goes on.

I was literally at the end of my rope, holding on with whatever I had left in me, then the air conditioning at the house went out. My response “Oh my gosh are you serious??!!!??" The compressor was bad so we were living out of a hotel last week until they ordered the part and fixed it.

While staying in a “suite” (which is still small by the way, for kiddos), Matthew accidently spilled daddy’s coffee. The coffee was on the counter, he was reaching for another glass nearby, bumped it and well…..it landed on his head! Yes, that is right, hot burning coffee. Soon after we were at the doctor’s office, and he had 1st degree burns on his scalp.

Upon checkout, he hit his head very hard on the counter, you should have seen the face of the entire front office. Then at home he jumped on a non sturdy surface, fell, and hit his face. Thought I was going to have to go back to the doctors. By the next day, I was on major edge.

I wasn't feeling very pastor's-wifey, super spiritual or even very Christian-y for that matter. Everything piled up over the last several weeks, not to mention I have only three weeks till finals for summer session.

I was on the verge of a panic attack. At least that’s what I think -- I don’t normally have anxiety, but I would get these waves of heat flashes and felt extremely anxious inside for no reason. Well, I guess there was reason, but no existing emergency at those points. I've just been completely and entirely emotionally whooped.


Have you ever had one of those days, weeks, or months like I have? Where it feels like you are operating out of your element, similar to the picture? Some things that happen in life are natural factors, simply cause and effect. But other situations, I believe, are attacks of the enemy. Whichever you are faced with, it puts the squeeze on.

When families leave the church.

When Janie misunderstood you and now Janie and her network look at you funny.

When you have misspoken and stepped on someone's toes.

When you have kept quiet and the internal dialog is driving you nuts.

When you have prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed...


Sometimes, things just aren't going well. If you are having a bad day, a bad week, a bad month or a bad streak, I want to encourage you to speak the word and in midst of the craziness of life don’t walk around morbidly expecting something else to fall apart.

Go about your day expecting God to do a miracle.

Is it hard? Yes. But do not drive yourself into the ground, rather hold your head high and keep walking. You may feel like you have a limp and are barely dragging, but keep going forward. Let his Word be the air you breathe.

Share


© CLUTCH, 2009-2011 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP