guest blog: preconceived notions, surrender and peace (part 4)

>> November 27, 2009

(...continued... start from the beginning)

I’m sure I’m not the only one to have high hopes about a situation, only to come crashing down into despair. So if you are there, you are not alone.

Take it to God.

Surrender again.

He said that He would not leave us comfortless and that He would never leave or forsake us. He is faithful to fulfill His promises, I assure you.

‘Father, I pray today for all those who are finding themselves in situations they never dreamed they would be in. I pray that your sweet peace would wrap around their hearts at this very hour. Help them, Lord, to trust your heart and not their own. Hold them in your lap and dry their tears. Thank you, Father, for your faithfulness to hear our every prayer. Amen.’

***
As a PK, Carrie had many dreams--to make it big in Nashville, marry a tall, dark and handsome prince, own a metallic green Chevy Beretta, be a missionary, and wear a pair of jeans. 3 of her dreams came true.

Today you will find her supporting her high school sweetheart on the mission field of Eastern Europe. You will also find her homeschooling, gardening, canning, cleaning (oh, the laundry!), reading, writing, or singing.

She enjoys long walks, date night, talking with friends, listening to singing and preaching in English, and uninterrupted sleep. Other than Jesus and family, Carrie is most thankful for chocolate, good books, internet, and indoor plumbing.

Her heart is to serve. She has a burden for the Gypsy children in her area and wants to make sure they are fed and clothed. She also has a burden for women—women who feel that they are carrying their burdens alone. Her desire is to show the love of God in both word and deed.

You can find her musings at Perfectly Imperfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  November 28, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Thank you for your posts.
I think ministry in and of itself often is not as we expect. But as you said it is often the parts that we don't expect that give us the greater appreciation and love for those around us.
It's nice to know we are not the only ones who have cried about where God has put us. And questioned if He was sure he had the right person.
Something about knowing I'm not the only ones makes me feel better. :)

Melody November 28, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

Enjoyed your post very much. Several times my mind has been brought back to "surrender". We are packing up everything and leaving what we love dearly to go to another state where the God is clearly calling us but it is difficult. I'm leaving my Mother who is a widow and this hurts. We also have no clue where we will be living and I don't like to be this out of control and not knowing what to expect. This post has been great for me this week. Thank you so much!

Carrie November 29, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

@Anonymous---"And questioned if He was sure he had the right person."

I can totally relate to that thought. I probably question God more than I accept His answers. I find comfort in the Psalms because it normalizes my thoughts. I also find comfort in that God makes no mistakes.

@Melody---I wish you all the best in your move. It's a difficult road, but you are not travelling it alone. I, too, hate the feeling of being out of control. But, it seems that that is exactly where God wants us. When we release control, we find peace. He has a place prepared for you even though you don't yet know where it is. Trust His heart!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FACEBOOK FANS

CLUTCHtalk on Facebook

GET YOUR FAN BUTTON


Copy and Paste Code

READERS

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP